Corporate Services Manager
Welcome to Country is a First Nations’ led and operated not-for-profit social enterprise. We are driven by our purpose to support and sustain greater economic independence of First Nations entrepreneurs to continue preserving their cultural practices and sharing culture to the world on their own terms.
Welcome to Country operates a premium marketplace for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander experiences, immersions and products. We also provide a range of First Nations professional services to Corporate and Government clients.
Our small team is a diverse group of people who are empathetic, motivated, creative and most importantly, who are driven to showcase and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses to ensure they thrive and prosper.
ROLE: Corporate Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
LEADERSHIP TEAM: No
LOCATION: Glebe, NSW
HOURS: Permanent full time: 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: Welcome to Country Salary Band 2
This role will provide shared corporate services to both Welcome to Country and to Tranby Aboriginal Co-Operative Limited (Tranby), where Welcome to Country will be located from the beginning of March 2024. As Corporate Services Manager you will help implement and manage all facets of corporate services for both Welcome to Country and Tranby. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for assisting with the operational requirements of Welcome to Country and Tranby. This will include core responsibilities in the areas of facility management, operations management, technology support and administrative support including reception duties at Tranby.
- Help to ensure that Welcome to Country and Tranby operate smoothly.
- Help to manage the Tranby facility complex, including the Welcome to Country offices and Shop facilities.
- Liaise with the internal teams at Welcome to Country and at Tranby and with a range of external service providers, as required, on all corporate services matters.
- Liaise with the Welcome to Country Tech Lead to assist with the provision of “on the ground” I.T. support for Welcome to Country staff
- Manage organisational subscriptions in the areas of general business, technology and marketing.
- Provide administrative support for Welcome to Country corporate services, including policies, people and culture
- Provide administrative support for Tranby including sitting at reception to provide customer service, office management, general premises maintenance, events and venue hire
- Other duties, as required by the CEO, from time to time
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in office and/or facilities management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a business environment, preferably in a not-for-profit context
- Project management experience
- Clerical and/or administrative experience
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and related software
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit and/or social enterprise sector
- Experience working with First Nations people and communities
Attributes and Skills
- “Can do” approach to work
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Critical thinker, ability to problem-solve and multitask.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work with time-sensitive issues
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good understanding of general business operations
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Team player
Benefits of working at Welcome to Country
- A fun, supportive and flexible workplace
- A culturally safe workplace that celebrates and centres First Nations’ culture
- Competitive salary packaging as a registered Not-for-Profit charity
- On the job training with occasional professional development opportunities
- Staff discounts on our range of products
- ·A central headquarters office located at Tranby in Glebe, Sydney