Laurel is a Gunai woman from East Gippsland in Victoria. She is a results orientated administrative professional with extensive experience in office/operations management and providing high level support to senior business leaders in both the public and private sector.
In the early stages of her career Laurel undertook a contract role with Aboriginal Affairs Victoria and was responsible for organising key events for NAIDOC Week celebrations including a State Reception, Young Achiever Awards and Youth Gathering with high profile guest speakers.
Laurel’s career then moved into the HR/Recruitment industry where she spent the next 20 years developing and broadening her skills in stakeholder management, reporting and analysis, HR/recruitment, event and project management.
Some of her notable achievements include:
- Successfully project managing several large scale office fit- outs/relocations
- Opening new satellite offices across Asia Pacific including training of key staff
- Developing and implementing an extensive range of administrative processes and procedures
- Co-ordination of high end events for clients and staff
- Being recognised as Top Office Manager across EMEA and winning several Outstanding Contribution Awards
In 2017 Laurel founded CHERRYPICK, an online business directory connecting Executive Assistants/Office Managers with Australia’s best corporate suppliers and business partners.
In recent years, Laurel has been involved in a leadership coaching start-up business where she was heavily involved in working with web developers, creating marketing collateral, implementing cloud solutions, onboarding contractors and event management.
Joining the team at Welcome to Country has allowed Laurel to consolidate her skills and experience whilst giving her the opportunity to re-connect with her culture and work for an organisation whom are passionate about making a difference in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities.